|Tour Name||Long Boot trekking|
|Description||Traversing the wetlands in boots. This is a popular tour that allows you to see flowers up close and experience the peculiar feel of the wetlands.|
|Dates||from April to October|
|Tour Duration||Half day|
|Time||9:30 am -
13:30 pm -
|Fees||4,000 yen / person|
|Minimum & Maximum number of participants||Mininum number: 2
Maximum number: 10
The Kiritappu Wetlands are often called "The Wetlands of Flowers." You can see approximately 650 species of flora. Our tours guide you along the meandering river in the wetlands. While you touch the wetlands and experience the way it feels by putting on long boots and walking around, you can try to find animal footprints and also can hear the song of birds. You can profoundly experience the relation between the wetlands and the forest. This is a tour that everyone can enjoy and can be stimulated by. This tour is full of variety, as it starts from a hillside commanding the wetlands and goes along the river then through the forest, allowing you to see various flowers. What is more it includes tea with sweets using local specialties. These are attractive points for many guests. Also our guides adjust the course or the distance according to your condition if necessary, so even people advanced in age or children can easily join.
Thoughts on the Natural Environment
- We provide the participants with information on how to be friendly to the natural environment and local community.
- We pick up garbage and take it with us.
- We ensure that the participants not to take plants and animals.
Thoughts on local communities and culture
- We provide information on the history, culture, and custom of the region.
- We ensure the active participation of local residents or the use of local products.
- We have developed an emergency manual.
- Our tour is covered by insurance.
|Operator Name||Kiritappu Wetland Center|
|Address||4-20 Hamanaka-cho, Akkeshi-gun, Hokkaido, Japan|
|Contact Name / Title||Mr. Banno Masato /Project Manager|
*Please contact us by email or facsimile.