|Tour Name||"Ama"(woman divers) island village walking with lunch|
|Description||The mind settles down in life and culture of the island where gentle and severe sides of nature are all accepted. Time passes slowly and peacefully in the island.|
|Dates||From April to November|
|Tour Duration||About 4 hours|
|Time||9:30am - 13:40pm|
|Fees||Adults (equal to or more than 12) 4,000 yen / person
* Children (equal to or less than 10) cannot participate because of safety measures.
* Credit card is not accepted
|Minimum & Maximum number of participants||Minimum number of participants: 2
Maximum number of participants: 7
We go over to Suga Island by ship. There is a fishing village of about 800 people in this island. The solitary island in Ise Bay is abundant of living aquatic resources. Nature is full and pleasant. Time passes slowly and peacefully for the people who have accepted all phases of nature: from gentle ones to severe ones. With your five senses, please feel the sources of genuine Ise-Shima food culture. The ecotour guides happily help you to appreciate the nature and culture of the island where fishery is still active. Along the way, we may encounter "Ama"(woman divers) and fishermen. We also have chances to see and speak with the natives. While walking a path to the hill, we may be embraced in the fragrance of plants and trees. Since the schedule is relatively free, let's enjoy having lunch on the beach.
Thoughts on the Natural Environment
- We provide the participants with information on how to be friendly to the natural environment and local community.
- We pick up garbage and take it with us.
- We ensure that the participants not to take plants and animals.
Thoughts on local communities and culture
- We provide information on the history, culture, and custom of the region.
- We ensure the active participation of local residents or the use of local products.
- We have developed an emergency manual.
- Our tour is covered by insurance.
|Operator Name||Kaitou-Yumin Club|
|Address||1-4-53 Toba, Toba City, Mie Prefecture, Japan|
|Contact Name / Title||Kiku Ezaki|
*Please contact us by email or facsimile.